This is another one led by Yvonne at Socrates’ Reviews, and you can use her Purrfect Reading Challenge 2019 page to sign up too. If you don’t have a blog, you can use the Purrfect Reading Challenge Goodreads group to keep track. I use both, checks/balances and all that. I was just going to leave this challenge as a link on the 2019 Reading Challenges page, but I wanted to link up on Yvonne’s blog and decided to keep a list here after all.
Based on the number of cat mysteries I read last year, I upped my last year’s number to Catnip or at least 31. A cat does have to have a major role in the book, not just be a cute kitty on the cover. 😉
The levels as shown on Yvonne’s blog:
Purring – Read 1-10 cat mysteries
Kneading – Read 11-20 cat mysteries
Meowing – Read 21-30 cat mysteries
Catnip – Go crazy and read at least 31 and go as high as you’d like – the sky is the limit!
Have fun reading mysteries with cats! (Magical Cats by Sophie Kelly is a really good series!)
- A Charming Cure–Tonya Kappes–Mr. Prince Charming, June’s cat always plays an important part in this series.
- Death and Daisies–Amanda Flower–Ivanhoe is a very intuitive Scottish Fold cat that pays attention and knows what people are telling him–he sometimes acts on it.
- A Scandal in Scarlet–Vicki Delany–Moriarty is the shop cat who usually doesn’t do much out of the ordinary, but I thought this should count because he actually does something important to the case.
- Dead Editor File–G.G. Collins–Oscar is Taylor Browning’s Abyssinian that almost seems human.
- Dead as a Door Knocker–Diane Kelly–Sawdust, Whitney’s cat, gets to play a important part in apprehending the killer.
- Murders and Metaphors–Amanda Flower–Emerson, the bookstore cat, is an important main character
- Death by Coffee–Alex Erickson–Bookshop cat Trouble lives up to his name, while his litter brother, Misfit, wreaks havoc in Krissy’s house.
- Live and Let Chai--Bree Baker–There may not be a cat on the cover, but don’t let that fool you. Maggie is an awesome white cat that sort of came with Everly’s house, and I think she is going to be an important character.
- No Good Tea Goes Unpunished–Bree Baker–Maggie the cat continues to sense danger and hiss if Everly is in danger
- Restaurant Weeks Are Murder–Libby Klein–Figaro is such a stinker, but I found myself cheering him on this time lol
- One Taste Too Many–Debra H. Goldstein–RahRah is quite a cat and helped take down a killer
- This Spells Trouble–Stacey Alabaster–Indy is Ruby’s talking cat
- Something Read, Something Dead–Eva Gates–Charles is the library cat
- The Pomeranian Always Barks Twice–Alex Erickson–Wheels the cat is the regular pet that stays–the others are going to their forever homes. Wheels is pretty awesome!
- Cat Got Your Crown–Julie Chase–Penny is the princess and shop cat, but newcomer Rune is the intuitive one.
- Lending a Paw–Laurie Cass–Eddie is the most awesome cat and loves going with Minnie in the bookmobile as its unofficial mascot.
- Murder Once Removed–S.C. Perkins–NPH (Neil Patrick Housecat) belongs to Lucy’s condo manager, but NPH is fiercely protective of Lucy
- Murder in Tranquility Park–J.D. Griffo (Lola the cat is quite the diva–she knows her real name is Gina Lollobrigada)
- Sweet Revenge–Morgana Best (Mongrel the cat was a good protector)
- If the Broom Fits–Sara Bourgeois (Merimus the cat was the family talking familiar)