.This is the third challenge run by Yvonne at Socrates Book Reviews. The sign-up page is What an Animal Reading Challenge 2019 (sign up here).
The animal(s) in the book has to play a major role in the story. There can’t just be an animal on the cover. I’m going for Level 4, 21 or more based on what I read last year. For complete details, be sure to go to Socrates’ Book Reviews.
Level 1 – Read 6 books
Level 2 – Read 7-12
Level 3 – Read 13-20
Level 4 – Read 21 or more
- A Charming Cure, #2 Magical Cures–Tonya Kappes–June’s cat always plays an important part in this series.
- A Midwinter’s Tail, #4 Lucky Paws Pet Sitting–Bethany Blake–three of the dogs played important parts in this, although they’re always mentioned a lot and interact with the main characters
- Decaffeinated Scandal, #5 Killer Coffee–Tonya Kappes–Norman, the shop dog that was there to be adopted out stole the show with his flatulence issues–but he got a forever home.
- Peril at the Pawn Shop, #1 A Walk in the Bark–Mel Faye–Ralph, another adorable pug helps Annie with training other dogs.
- A Tiny Bite of Murder, #1 The Monkey’s Eyebrow Tea Room–Constance Barker–Daisy was the adorable chimp who worked as hostess at the tearoom and was one of the regular characters always interacting with customers.
- Secrets in a Bottle, #1 Whodunit Antiques–Shelly West–Thor is a lovable giant of a Great Dane who I think thinks he’s human
- A Body on Fitzgerald’s Bluff, #1 Seaview Cottages–Anna Celeste Burke–Domino is a lovable Dalmatian and her best friend is Emily, a Jack Russell Terrier. Both girls had a major part in taking down a killer.
- Dead as a Door Knocker, #1 House-Flipper Mystery–Diane Kelly–Sawdust the cat gets to do something important in catching a killer.
- Town Hall Homicide, #2 A Walk in the Bark–Mel Faye–Noodle the standard poodle took down the murderer.
- Candy, Murder & Me, #1 Cookie Berelli–Carolyn Chambers Clark–Sigmund, Cookie’s little dachshund gets to help take down the perp
- The Puppy Who Knew Too Much, #2 Dog Club–V.M. Burns–Lilly’s little poodle Aggie is an important part of her family now
- Murders and Metaphors, #3 Magical Bookshop–Amanda Flower–Along with Emerson the cat, Faulkner the sometimes snarky crow is a main character who is also hilarious
- The Long Paw of the Law, #6 Long Paw of the Law–Laurie Anne Marie–Charlie, the cat found a piece of evidence, and he seems to understand everything Ashley says.
- A Stab in the Dark, #2 Whodunit Antiques–Shelly West–Missy, Grandma’s little Shih-Tzu who hates walks has decided she needs to go on walks, maybe she’s trying to impress Thor, the Great Dane!
- A Killer Plot, #1 Books by the Bay–Ellery Adams–Olivia’s dog Haviland is an awesome character and literally her best friend who goes nearly everywhere with her.
- Plotting for Murder, #1 Cozy Mystery Bookshop–Tamra Baumann–Sawyer’s Doodle pup Cooper got to be a hero and help heal his mommy’s heart from losing her mom.
- Kernel of Truth, #1 Popcorn Shop–Kristi Abbott–Rebecca’s dog Sprocket liked stealing little things from purses or strollers. It came in handy this time.
- Murder on Silver Lake, #1 Silver Lake Cozy–Hugo James King–Evelyn’s rescue beagle Charlie has a good nose for clues and he’s a good protector.